Reception - The Cave Kids
Click here to access our Reception
Remote Learning Page.
September start key information
Hello everyone and welcome to our EYFS page. We cannot wait to see you all again soon and get to know you and your families really well.
Please find below important information about how things will work from September:
- Mrs Potts will be working every Monday, Tuesday and alternate Wednesday. Miss Peverelle will be working every alternate Wednesday and every Thursday and Friday.
- We are lucky to also have Mrs Jenkinson, Miss Riley and Mrs Parsons in our team.
- P.E will be every Tuesday and Friday. Until Christmas the children will only need to change their shoes for these sessions. Please ensure your child has their P.E pumps or trainers in a named bag and that their shoes are also labelled. We will keep this bag in school for the half term on your child's peg.
- We will be sending home a labelled book bag in the coming week with a book that your child will have chosen to read with you. This will be a story book for you to share with your child as a family and not a phonetically decodeable book. Book bags are to be returned to school every Wednesday, they do not need to come in to school on any other days for now. For the first week, please keep the book bag and choosing book at home until TUESDAY 14TH or WEDNESDAY 15th SEPTEMBER (depending on your group).
- Please ensure that your child has a labelled water bottle. School will provide a snack (fruit) and milk.
- Please also ensure that all clothing is clearly labelled.
- Your child has a labelled peg outside the classroom and will be shown where to hang their coats and lunch boxes (if they choose packed lunch).
On the first day, we politely ask that your child comes in to the classroom independently - just as we did for transition.
We look forward to seeing you all soon,
The EYFS team
Autumn 1 - All about me and how I've grown so far
This half term the main focus will be getting to really know the children as individuals. Over the summer, we have created lots of fun learning opportunities in our learning environment. In our classroom, your child will find many engaging areas:
- Water and sand
- Role play corner (a home)
- Role play cafe
- Dressing up area
- Small world
- Reading teepee
- Junk modelling
- Outside trikes
- Squiggle station
- Play doh
And much more. Our teaching will be responsive to the children's interests and needs but we will begin with a topic based around your child, their interests, their home and family and comparing us as individuals. As the term progresses, we will be looking at how the children have grown so far from baby to toddler, to starting school and a few of the texts we will be using are: 'What I like about me!', 'You be you', 'Once there were giants', 'The growing story' and 'The great big book of families.'
We will keep you updated with all of our learning as we go - we cant wait to share what we get up to! :)
Our first two weeks of transition
What a wonderful two weeks we have had getting to know your children. It has been fantastic to see them exploring our classroom and outdoor space. Take a look at the photos below to see what they have been up to! :)